Sunday, October 25, 2015

Regifting a Smile

"I hope the people who wrote those songs are happy. I hope they feel its enough. I really do because they've made me happy. And I'm only one person." - Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower

How many times has something changed your day? How many times has it changed your life? Maybe you know this feeling all too well, or maybe you can't even imagine what it might feel like. I've had those moments where I wished I could just thank the writer, the author, the creator for touching my life, but there was no way of reaching them. Maybe you can't thank them. But what you can do is inspire someone else. You can extend how they made you feel to another. You can make someone happy.

Why? Because someone made you happy. Give that same gift to someone else. And even if you are not happy, art has a funny way of putting a smile on your face regardless of whether you are giving or receiving it. If you don't agree, prove me wrong.

Because even if you create something to show me that it didn't make you happy, I'll be smiling. I'll be overjoyed to look at your art, and I'll be inspired to keep creating myself. Just think of what you'll feel when you see you put smiles on the faces of dozens, hundreds, thousands.

You should be happy--you should be proud. Because you've made me happy.

And I'm only one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment