Sunday, October 9, 2016

I'm Not Ashamed

Never doubt what those younger than you can teach you.

Somewhere in adulthood, we lose the sense of pride in our work. At least in my life, I've learned to be ashamed of the things I love, the things I do. I have always downplayed my passions for so long, but I continue to be reminded that you cannot change the world if you never speak your dreams out loud. How can you bring a smile to someone's face if you're embarrassed by your creations?

Here's a lesson I've learned: you're not breathing for you. Someone else needs you today, and if you're ashamed of who you are, that's selfish. Stories are meant to be read, painting are meant to be seen, and melodies are meant to be heard. Give your breath away.

No longer will your dreams come out only at night while, when the light is on, you've learned to become a mute. Dream big and speak even bigger.

I'm not ashamed. Are you?

Of course, it's much easier to write something than it is to say it out loud. So write it big.

But speak it even bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment