Monday, November 16, 2015

Down the Rabbit Hole

"We're all a little mad here..."

Art has a funny way of appearing in the most unexpected circumstances.

I know from experience that one wrong note plucked on a guitar can lead to a whole new song. One out of place line can lead to a entirely different poem. These are not mistakes. They are living, breathing forms of your story, and they are leading you to something beautiful.

Follow them.

Do I sound crazy? Maybe it's because I dared to open those parts of myself and followed those emotions and thoughts down the rabbit hole. There, I discovered a feeling I could never quite express in words. Not only that, but I also felt joy in creating something that was entirely my own. I went down the rabbit hole and followed that wrong note until I discovered a hidden part of my own story.

What would have happened if I had fixed the mistake?

Play a chord until the lyrics come out of your mouth. Put a song on repeat until the music affects your body. Hold a brush until a drop of paints falls onto the canvas.

And follow it down the rabbit hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment